Sunday, June 10, 2012

Continent Placement

This will serve as a very general template for the continent names/locations [of the World]. This was thought up one week during summer vacation a few years back--the entire map couldn't fit into my scanner. I'm definitely not artistically inclined, but will try to draw up topographic maps of each continent as I begin to expand on the races/factions/empires of my world.

Even all those years ago, I had a good idea of where I wanted to progress with a few of these continents in regards to storyline. Note that all names are just placeholders and will probably change in some form as development continues.

Some examples of fuzzy ideas I have for the direction things might go:

1. Aeris (far left, north of Que'ni) would be most analogous to the Western empires (a lot of the factions are modeled after, say, the ancient Roman empire). The city of Ciryon is also located towards the eastern seaboard, and is home to the winged Aerian race.

2. Mhekelion is perhaps most similar (in geography) to Africa, though its peoples are decidedly more developed/militant than the tribal coalitions we associate with ancient African kingdoms (Egypt/Ethiopia/Mali).

Full-sized map image (still cut off due to scanner--sorry!) located here: http://i.imgur.com/2Qh0H.jpg, or alternatively, here: http://imgur.com/2Qh0H

No comments:

Post a Comment